Waikanae crab



These little beauties were the prize catch from a weekend at Waikanae. Thanks to my wine selling friend Al who took me out for my first go at catching crabs on the Kapiti coast and got me hooked.

So off I went to Steve's fishing shop in Ghuznee St and armed with my new crab pot and some truly smelly old dog bones from the butcher I was ready to go.

The first set of the new crab pot had my knowledge of tides well tested when on my return to collect the pot I discovered it well aground and thirty metres down the beach from where I had set it.

Tide was going out - not coming in!

Despite all this we enjoyed a very tasty pre dinner bite of crab meat, lemon, chervil and aioli on crusty bread. Anyone who has extracted crab meat from the shell will appreciate the pleasure of eating it.

1 comment:

  1. Data Recovery services for hard disk drives, SSD, RAID, NAS, USB flash drives, memory cards and mobile phones in New Zealand. Lab based in Auckland. data recovery auckland

    ReplyDelete